Monday 14 August 2017

The Sitootery

Many thanks for your lovely comments to my last post.   They're all very encouraging.

It took me a while to actually figure out how I was going to use the space and at the same time get in all the items I wanted but it's finished now (apart from any additional bits I intend picking up from fairs) and I hope I've done the space justice.

I got rid of the planters on either side of the door, shown in the previous post, they were too bulky.


The fountain was my first venture into the world of Scenic Water and I hope I haven't made it look as though the lion is throwing up!


There wasn't enough trim to go straight across the full width of the back wall so I had to create a something that would fill the space.   I think this works.


Not sure if the figures above the door will stay but they're fine for the time being.   There's a good chance I'll find something perhaps more suitable at the York fair in November.


It's all filling up quite nicely.


This is my "fourth" wall and it may yet benefit from a "something else".   I think it still looks a bit bare.






The photos below are my favourites.   I love the view back into the Dining Room.


This is the view from the Dining Room.   I'm pleased with the way that turned out.


10 comments:

  1. Hello Irene,
    What a terrific space. I love the fountain and think the water looks quite good. Your solution for the trim works well and I really like how you furnished and accessorized the space. Well done!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Irene
    I think you have done a marvellous job with Marsh Hall!
    I love the Sitootery....what a wonderful name for it, much better than a Garden Room! :)
    Your finishes are so in keeping with the Hall, and gives a brilliant 'feel' to the building.
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about bringing the outdoors in!!! :D
    What a LOVELY space this is Irene! Every inch of it is open and fresh but at the same time very cosy and intimate.
    The views from one room into the other makes it even that much more interesting and realistic. Very Well done ♡ :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Irene! I must say I just love this room! Everything from the name to the wall covering to the plants and the fountain.... it is such an inviting space! And then add in the table set for two.... I think you will need more seats... so many "guests" will want to visit! Lol! Really wonderful atmosphere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great Irene, with all the plants and the bird. It is well balanced and has a lot of charm. It's great seeing the little vignettes from the sitootery into the dining room and vice versa. It's one of the things I love about more complex layouts. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crumbs - where do I start? - it is lovely! Sitting eating my cake and sipping my tea and listening to the soothing fountain and shouting at the parrot every time he pipes up - that's my kind of afternoon - all assuming the servants are working well. It is a lovely little place. I love the lace with its bobble trim and the double clothed table....exactly as it should be....new crisp white cloth over the under-cloth every day for my tea. The view from the dining room is especially nice - such a tempting space to go to. M

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely scene with beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work! I love the fountain and the plants make it a charming room.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great, Irene. I especially like the view from the dining room. I've always thought I should make use of that trellis wallpaper and this is just the sort of room for it.
    Take care
    Simon

    Ps I think the the lion looks brilliant - I've managed to avoid doing water but this has encouraged me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, so pleased you like it. The water wasn't that hard, just scary starting it! PS I seem to have lost your blog - are you still doing it?

      Delete